Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Watchmen - Trailer, Review







I think it just came out yesterday. Going to try to catch it tonight. No luck. It was sold out.

Update 3/8/2009: Just saw it.

Review: I'd never read the comics so I didn't know what to expect. In addition to Dr. Manhattan's blue penis and his unexplained glass kinetic sphere on Mars, I was surprised by some of the gore and by my lack of reaction to it. I suppose, reading the odd news almost daily, I now completely accept that humans are animals who murder, rape and maim each other. Nearly every evil of humanity was depicted or mentioned: theft, murder, rape, infidelity, betrayal ... raising the big question: are we really worth saving? All in all, a very interesting alternate reality and exploration of humanity, complete with a solution to war. I liked the fantastic self-referential hook at the end. It's a puzzle that makes you want to watch the movie again to figure out if humans will actually have a lasting peace or not.

1 comment:

goki said...

agreed... I also think that humans are animals