Sunday, October 11, 2009

Some Jason Mabie for ya

Jason Mabie is a guy I recently met in Berkeley while he was singing in the BART station subway while I was waiting to see Jason Mraz. Below is some early Jason Mabie. I think this stuff is from 6 years ago. Mabie can sing that razor line that just sounds so sweetly in tune as well as having a nice natural tone. You may not be able to tell from these videos but he was really amazing in person ... similar to the vibe I got from hanging out with Jason Mraz in person. I haven't heard his original songs yet, but if he writes well, he might take off.  Mraz sang in choirs in his early days too.

7-part a capella Bohemian rhapsody arrangement. Spring show 2003.







UC Men's Octet - Nirvana Medley







UC Men's Octet - Shout







My Girl (Jason is the 3rd solo)





1 comment:

TiffanyZeisler said...

Jason Mabie is absolutely the shit.