Monday, October 11, 2010

Unicorn Sighting Reported In Don Valley

Amateur video depicting what could be one of the most elusive legendary creatures, the unicorn, has been captured on film by a Toronto resident. The video in question, shot by a local birdwatcher, Peter Hickey-Jones, shows what appears to be a white horse with a single horn on its head emerging from the trees in the Don Valley wetland.

Hickey-Jones brought the footage to the Ontario Science Centre to be analyzed by experts. The Science Centre is reviewing the footage frame-by-frame to determine whether Hickey-Jones’ claim is legitimate. With closer examination, Science Centre staff is hoping to establish whether or not a genuine unicorn sighting has occurred.

In the meantime, the Science Centre is asking the public to use caution if they think they see a unicorn. Do not make any sudden movements or attempt to use flash photography. Although legends of unicorns state that they are peaceful creatures, scientists worry that they may harm themselves or others if they end up on a road or highway.

...

“I was trying to film a pileated woodpecker when I saw what looked like a bright white horse in the distance. When I got a little closer, I noticed the horn on its head. I’m not one to jump to conclusions but I’m certain beyond the shadow of a doubt that what I saw was a unicorn. I’m just glad I got it on film.”

Hickey-Jones, eyewitness


via "Rumoured Unicorn Sighting Reported In Don Valley" on SMR.







Naw, it's a hoax. Notice at the end the legs don't move and it seems like it is on wheels. Also the horn doesn't quite move right with the head. Computer graphics, I'd say.

Probably done to promote a Science exhibition on Mythical Creatures or something.

1 comment:

arjay001 said...

Some people are big fans...ran into a few while in the UP of Michigan.
Fun read here: www.myth-and-fantasy.com/unicorns/articles.html