Tuesday, January 5, 2010

15,000 kids a day dying of hunger, what can I do to help most?

I'm not trying for sainthood, I just want to do my part.  A google search for "save the life of a starving kid" brings up ADRA as the first charity. The Charity Navigator rating for ARDA is high, but one person in that organization is making over $100,000 a year. That makes me uncertain if this is the best place to put my money. The Heifer Project International sounds really great, but once again, the president of that organization makes more than $200,000 a year according to the Charity Navigator site which makes me a little wary.

I want to make the biggest possible difference. What is really the best way to save a kid somewhere from dying of starvation?

Here are some grades from charity watch.org, but I'll need to research them more to decide.








































HUNGER
AIP GRADE
Action Against Hunger – USAA
Bread for the WorldB+
Bread for the World InstituteA
Feeding America (formerly America's Second Harvest)A
Food Bank for New York City (formerly Food for Survival)A–
Food for the HungryA–
Freedom from HungerA–
Global Hunger ProjectA

No comments: