Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Facebook tells me things I don't want to know

http://www.petville.com/photos/uncategorized/samugly.jpgFacebook's intrusiveness continues to annoy me.

Facebook is like a sinister friend that delights in telling you news you don't want to hear, and many things that are really none of your business.

I have the new iPhone with the Facebook app.

When I want to use it,  it works... but due to my settings,  I get pop-up messages there and in my email every time my ex-girlfriend, who is not on my friend list makes a comment on the profile of one of our mutual friends.

I also get a pop-up on my iPhone and an email showing me each time someone flirts with my girlfriend by leaving a comment on her Facebook profile.

Does this bother you too?

I'm too busy to look for the right settings to turn this off at the moment.

6 comments:

Guide Tips Facebook Game Mafia Wars | HOW SPOT said...

[...] Facebook tells me things I don't want to know « Xenophilia (True … [...]

Al Nome said...

"I’m too busy to look for the right settings to turn this off at the moment."...

But not too Busy to post this rant on here? hmm..

Xeno said...

Correct. Posting here is fast. I push a button, speak into my iphone, then press send.

Sent from my iPhone

Fishville Cheats said...

I want to thank the blogger very much not only for this post but also for his all previous efforts.

Mariana Evica said...

FYI, if you block your ex-gf, you won't be able to see her comments, nor she yours.

Xeno said...

Thanks, but i actually deleted my facebook account. Now I have more time every day.