Monday, January 11, 2010

Florida boy, 12, robs store with a toy gun. Boy in UK, 12, surrenders toy rifle near Queen's visit to church

A 12-year-old boy has been arrested after allegedly pointing what turned out to be a toy gun at a convenience store clerk in northern Florida. The Walton County Sheriff's Office said that the boy walked into the store Thursday. Authorities said the boy pointed a wood barreled, long gun at the clerk and demanded money from the cash register. After handing him an undisclosed amount of money, the clerk told deputies the boy said thank you and left.

A deputy on patrol saw the boy walking on a highway. The boy attempted to run before being stopped.

Authorities said they found the money and toy weapon. The boy was first transported to the Walton County Jail, and later transferred to the Department of Juvenile Justice in Crestview.

via Authorities: Boy, 12, robs store with a toy gun | AP | 01/08/2010.

Related:
Published: 5:52PM GMT 04 Jan 2009

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01215/Jacob-Young-wide_1215711c.jpgImage:  A 12-year-old boy had to surrender his toy rifle to police amid tight security around the Queen's visit to church at Sandringham.

Jacob Young said he handed in the wooden weapon so he could see the Queen without giving her or her bodyguards any cause for concern.

He said: "When I got to the park gates I handed my gun to the policeman and he hung it on the fence.

"I didn't want anybody to think I wanted to shoot the Queen. I didn't mind handing in my gun. I knew it would be safe with the police."

Jacob, of March, Cambridgeshire, had been walking with his parents in nearby woods and was wearing a green beret, camouflage clothing and boots.

His father, John, 48, said: "We thought we would go and see the Queen, but I told Jacob he wouldn't be allowed to take his gun into the park.

"We could see they were very hot on security and thought there would be no funny looks or any problems if we just handed the gun in." - telegraph

I wonder what new technology will eventually replace guns. Seems like rocks, then spears, then bows and arrows had their time, and we are still in the time of the guns. It's been guns for a long time now. Time for something new.  If I had to choose a new weapon to replace guns, I think it would be Shakespearean insults.

1 comment:

Gun safe said...

Hello. This is kind of an "unconventional" question , but have other visitors asked you how get the menu bar to look like you've got it? I also have a blog and am really looking to alter around the theme, however am scared to death to mess with it for fear of the search engines punishing me. I am very new to all of this ...so i am just not positive exactly how to try to to it all yet. I'll just keep working on it one day at a time Thanks for any help you can offer here.