Wednesday, March 1, 2006

Fluoride, is it safe and does it help?

Someone asked me about the fluoride debate. Is it helpful or dangerous? That depends on who you choose to trust and how you handle your personal health choices. I use the precautionary principle: If a number of people reasonably express what seem to be good reasons for avoiding something, I avoid it. For that reason, I've avoided fluoride and healed cavities while doing so.


If you'd like to believe it is safe you can find many dentists, governments and chemical companies who will agree with your decision. Whatever you believe, consider the fact that you may be brushing with fluoride toothpaste and drinking it in your water due to decades old national security reasons. No one debates the fact that industrial waste fluoride is a byproduct of atom bomb creation.



Unsafe: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
Safe: 1, 2 , 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ( I had trouble finding more...)

f

No comments: