Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Private: Love Notes

It has been about a month. I'm still sad. bball.jpgWhy do I have trouble moving on in my heart? She said it herself: Because I'm an honest man who is true to my word. I have deep beliefs about honor and loyalty. I think that when you say you love someone (or even have "feelings like love" for them) that's a vow, a solumn oath. Crazy, huh? Sounds crazy to me! Why should that be so?

This is so old fashioned, like something our grandparents did, but it is the way I am. So, I live in a world surrounded by people who trade lovers like poker chips. Win some you lose some. I expect to win. I have a positive outlook. So, if I do lose, I'm shocked. I got the blues, but it comes and goes. I need to get the greens. (If blue is sad, what color is happy?) What to do? Run every morning. Shoot hoops every night. Let time do its work.

When I was a kid, I remember that you were considered awesome by your peers if you could hold a regulation-sized basketball by the top with one hand. Check me out. Yeah, but I can't do this:
vertical2.jpg

No comments: