Sunday, March 1, 2009

XP Drivers for Gateway T-1631

Gateway does not provide XP drivers for it's T-1631 laptop, but I wanted to upgrade my operating system from Vista Home Premium to the faster XP Pro.

This post is for anyone out there looking to do the same for this particular model of laptop. I've noticed that there are many predatory web sites that seem to offer drivers but actually just exist to rip people off.

The Gateway T-1631 support web site does not include XP drivers, but these worked for me for my "downgrade" to XP.

These work:

- Network Driver: RealTek RTL8187SE Wireless LAN PCIE Network Adapter: rtl8187b_wlan.rar
- Audio driver: here.
- Video driver: here.

Un tested / not found...
- ATI RS690T chipset

ATI SMBus

- Bios Update: Triton-K8F BIOS Update Version 90.03

3 comments:

2D said...

wow, thanks a lot

i've been looking everywhere for the right ones to use

thanks again

nanovany said...

hi, wooaoo, this is great!!

fantastic, but just a question, I can understand what I am gonna to download from ATI SMbus

..there is a lot of things,:S!!

and I cant understand!!

plis help me hermano!!

I can not speak very ell sorry jeje

I hope you anwer mee.!!

have a nice day

ciao

leo said...

Yaa! complete drivers here!

[Link removed. Does not lead to drivers as claimed. - Xeno]

no more windows seven ...