Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I need to laugh more



I've started a pursuit of happiness program this week.

1. Take a full hour and write down everything you want. Anything that comes to mind. Brainstorm.
2. Then prioritize. Sort your goals until you have, in order of importance, what you want from life.
3. Translate your goals into actions: I want ____ and so I do _____. Each goal could have many actions. Some actions can help you meet several goals.

Then jump in! Make things happen.  Use all of your resources. Don't hold back.  Don't get out of balance. If you want to be in shape, exercise!  If you want love, make it. If you want to be happy, _(fill in the blank)____.

This how I figured out that I need to laugh more.  Birds don't care if I laugh or not.

2 comments:

Cole said...

A classic fail. :)

Danny said...

you should spend more time on failblog.org. not a plug, just a good site that will give you a funny break from your work. just thought of it because i originally saw that picture there. while it is a funny picture i think it is fake. look at how the silhouette in the sign is the exact match to the silhouette of the bird, even the feet positions and how the left foot is occluded by the sign.

thinking about your post title, remember that quote from james kirk. "the more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play" just sayin'.