Sunday, April 23, 2006

Private: Getting Involved, Getting Help.

Involvement: Girlfriends have always filled up my time. I like it that way. I love to be in a good relationship. After my difficulty with my latest break up a few days ago, however, I realize I still need to get over my past loves. Dating too soon is a common mistake. I've made it over and over. So, here are some new ways to spend my time for a while: My current favorite group is the Union of Concerned Scientists. I've belonged to Amnesty International as well for many years. I've always loved nature so the Sierra Club sounds interesting. Here are some hikes in April. Here's one I'll probably try:
APRIL 29, SATURDAY

Young Adult Day Hike (1A). Pine Hill Preserve (map). A Pine Hill Preserve (www.pinehillpreserve.org) docent will take us on an easy and informative hike through this scenic 3,900 acre preserve in western El Dorado Co., which is home to numerous rare and endangered plants. Bring lunch, water, hiking boots and $$ for optional drinks after the hike. Rain cancels. For ages 18-about-40. Limit of 25. Meet 8:30 a.m. in Folsom. Contact leader no later than April 27th for reservation & meeting info. Leader: Jeff Utberg, 916.515.0967 or jeffutberg@hotmail.com.

Therapy: Therapists are expensive (although a reader pointed out that you can usually see moonpa_203.jpgsomeone cheaply if you have health insurance?) ... I should try a love life coach. Here are some therapists in nearby cities: Sacramento, Davis, Woodland. Which one is best for me? The write ups help. I picked a few and left a few messages. I am going to see someone. I'm true to my word. I did quit sugar after eating it for decades, after all. I don't mind hard work for healthy results. I'd bet on me any day, but one sweet gambler folded a winning hand. - Mr. 75 cent, moon screensaver, Hay!, Pull it. Pop it. Love it. Leave it.

No comments: