Sunday, August 13, 2006

Comedy and Pirate Parties

Friday Night: Laughing to the point of hyperventilation. This Friday night I saw three stand up comedians at the Geery Theatre in Sacramento: Keith Lowell Jensen, Tapan Trivedi and Brent Weinbach. medium.jpg Comedy for me is hit and miss. I laugh mostly at the unexpected and frankly if you've seen a few comedy shows, you know what to expect. My friend Stephanie, who also does standup, and I were talking about this before the show. We expected jokes about: Sex, Race, Religion and Gay people. Sure enough. But when Weibach opened his act without a word by making out with his own hairy ankle, we knew we were in for something different. Weibach's acting was so good that for most of the show I had no idea what his actual personality was. I was floored when he made fun of himself impersonating one characters while in another character by doing a bad impersonation of his impersionation from within another impersonation. Well worth the price of admission... and this is coming from someone who sees a lot of amazing things every day... on YouTube! (like Frank Caliendo impersonating Bush)


Saturday Night: Pirates Shakin' the Booty. The TFO wrap party had a pirate theme so we got dressed up and checked that out Saturday night. Fun! Amazing house. They had two home theatres, one by the pool. One was showing Night of the Lepus, a film about rabbits with Deforest Kelly (Doctor "Bones" McCoy from Star Trek). Here is a photo of part of my costume:


pirate2.jpg

No comments: