Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Investigation: Natural topcial cure for cherry angiomas?

In 2005 I blogged about cherry angiomas. A year later, I have one on my forehead. Laser treatment works well, but hurts, is expensive and increases the odds of skin cancer in the treated area. So I'm going to test some other things.


cherry-angioma-photo.gifcherry-angioma-photo_pic1.gifcherry-angioma-photo_pic3.gif


Miracle Cure Duo supposedly works over the course of two months. They have some nice before, during and after photos. The igredients are essentially the same as Swedish bitters. Instead of spending $37.81 on Miracle Cure Duo, you could perhaps spend $13.50 on the raw ingredients for Swedish bitters (minus the vodka), and make your own. Or cheaper yet, get some Swedish bitters cream for $11.50.


Can any of these clear up cherry angiomas? I doubt it. I can't find a single testimonial for or against other than on the web site selling the Miracle Cure. For $12, I'll try it. Ordered! Ordering with PayPal was super easy.

6 comments:

Trixie said...

What about liquid nitrogen?

xeno735 said...

Leaves a permanent white scar.

Trixie said...

That's fairly tragic.
Regarding topcial - You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.... (with all due respect to Inigo)
Actually, I'm somewhat certain it doesn't exist at all. I may be wrong, but I doubt it.

me said...

hey - make sure to follow up and let us know your results!!

Xeno said...

Follow up: I tried liquid nitrogen administered by a doctor and two forms of self surgery. The first, I tied off the cherry angioma using some dental floss. My doctor had heard of this for skin tags, but never for a cherry angioma. In a couple days, the ones I tied off died and fell off. The scar was almost non existent. By contrast, the liquid nitrogen treated ones were still there. Both processes were somewhat painful. For the other, I purchased some very very sharp tweezers. I basically flame sterilized them then pulled the little red suckers right off. The bleeding was very bad from this, so I considered using superglue to stop the bleeding.

Eventually, I decided that I didn't care if I had them or not, so I stopped trying to get rid of them.

Sue said...

Thanks for following up on this. I just finally found out the name for these things and very happy to read about the methods you've tried. Mine are itchy when they're new, but apart from that they don't bother me. Mind you, I seem to be getting more and more. will try your dental floss trick on one near my foot. Cheers!