Thursday, March 27, 2008

Man not insured for failure to use karate on dogs


dogwiggetty110806_175x125.jpgAn insurance firm in China has told a man bitten by two dogs it was his own fault for not learning karate.


Wang Zhiqing of Meishan needed stitches in his hand and a rabies jab after being attacked by wild dogs.


But when he filed a claim, the China Pacific Insurance Group said: 'You should have fought the dogs off.


'If you had learned a martial art like karate you would have avoided the problem.'


 



I was once attacked by a pack of ..okay it was only two... by two wild ...okay, they were not exactly wild, but anyway... I was once attacked by two dogs while I was training for a marathon. I was running on a lonely country road. They ran up at full speed barking and snarling and just as they were trying to bite me I only survived by punching one dog in the nose and yelling like a banshee. This freaked them out enough that they turned around and ran for it.

3 comments:

TheAdlerian said...

Great answer from the insurance company.

What kind of communist country is that?

Meanwhile, having grown up in the country, I've had multiple dog encounters like that. I once tricked a dog into running into a moving car.

I felt like a genius.

Xeno said...

I can't stop laughing for some reason. I pictured the dog bouncing off the side of a slow moving car and not getting seriously hurt. If it died I'd call you a rat bastard. Okay, I'm better. But I still think that's the funniest thing I heard all day.

theadlerian said...

It didn't die, but yelped quite a bit and ran to hide.

It was a Doberman and as you know, they can be vicious, in part because they're stupid. I, on the other hand, can be vicious because I'm smart.