Saturday, March 8, 2008

Review & trailer: Why Lie I Need a Drink?

uncle_sam_needs_you.jpg
Review: "Why Lie I Need a Drink" was one of the best and most interesting movies I've seen in a long time. In fact, it was so well done that I will be very surprised if it is not picked up by HBO for distribution. I'm not just saying this because I know Keith. It was funny as hell, honest and sad. See it if you can!
--

Synopsis: We've all heard the urban legend of the panhandler hopping in his nice car and making his way to a comfortable home after a day of begging on the freeway off-ramp.

Sacramento comedian Kieth Lowell Jensen, decided to find out just how hard it really is to make money holding up a cardboard sign. Luckily for us, he took along a film crew who captured the highlights of his roughly 47 hours of panhandling and interviews with local police, other panhandlers and average people on the street.

Can you really make a good living begging? I found out tonight at the world premier of the documentary "Why Lie? I Need a Drink."

Here is my Podcast interview with Keith right before his very well attended world premier at the Crest Theater in Sacramento.

[vodpod id=ExternalVideo.484468&w=425&h=350&fv=docId%3D-4927094860709769595%26playerMode%3Dsimple%26hl%3Den] from www.badmouth.net posted with vodpod

No comments: