Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Bigfoot On Mars - A Closer Look

My understanding is that the position makes this feature only a few inches high. No one else has the 2nd frame I found...

Always go to the source, to the raw data, or as close as possible. Here is a link to the high resolution image on nasa's site. Here is another image of this figure. See the path and photos taken by Opportunity rover. Here is the Spirit rover's taverse map, and here.

So, when looking at this figure, we are looking at Sol1369. Previously I found two slightly different images of the figure. When put together, seemed to show the same image from slightly different angles. I created an animated GIF and the head and arm seemed to move. Now I can't find the originals I used to make that...

sol1369a-F-20080102.

[vodpod id=ExternalVideo.607782&w=425&h=350&fv=%26rel%3D0%26border%3D0%26]

No comments: