Monday, June 16, 2008

Xenophilia at Arco Arena?

Wow. We played a show last Saturday night at Marylin's in Sacramento with a band called the Alanis Crow Project (I forgot to post it here) and we had some scouts out to see us. One supposedly made an offer to sign us to a record label.

Xenophilia is very good luck for bands we play with. Yet another band we played with just got signed, joining the ranks of Jackie Greene and Jason Mraz. The Grumpy was just signed to Columbia.

Through a contact there, we were asked tonight to play an hour set at Arco Arena. The idea is quite a rush. Here is a picture of some band playing Arco showing what the audience looks like from the band's perspective. click to enlarge.



What a mass of humanity...

Playing Arco has been a life long dream of Amy Anne's.

I'm wondering how much time we have to prepare because at this point I don't even have a bass player trained. I could use another guitar player who sings too. Perhaps one of the guys I've worked with in the past will be available. Or we might find some amazing undiscovered guitar genius, the next Eddie Van Halen, to join us and make it all come together. Perhaps a keyboard player too...

I'm waiting to get more details, date, time, and so on.

I've already played the same stage as Eddie Van Halen --not the same night--but if I play Arco Arena, I will also have played the same stage as Paul McCartney. Sir Paul played Arco November 16th, 2005.

---

UPDATE: The date is locked in: September 9th, 2008. We will be playing original tunes for an hour Tuesday night from 5:45 to 6:45 welcoming people to the final Monarchs (Sacramento Women's Basketball) game of the season. The above image is misleading. We will actually be playing in front of Arco Arena, not inside. That's great, much more relaxing. The crowd is expected to be more like 7,000 people, not the full 17,317 capacity of Arco Arena. King's games can bring in 15,000, I'm told.

SPECIAL DEAL: To come to the show and then watch the game with us: email me. I have a limited number of $10 lower level tickets. The game starts at 7 PM.

1 comment:

Michael Biek said...

Go Baby, Go!!!