Monday, April 20, 2009

First of this year's crop circles spotted


crop circle



Just when you thought crop circles were a thing of the past, the first mysterious formation of 2009 has been spotted.

The intricate pattern measuring approximately 60 ft in diameter was spotted on Tuesday in a remote area near Avebury in Wiltshire. It is made up of two segments of arcs of decreasing size between the concentric inner circles.

The ancient area of Wiltshire close to Silbury Hill, Windmill Hill and the Sanctuary is a hot spot for crop circles.  Photographer Lucy Pringle, who lives near Petersfield, Hampshire, has become something of a national expert on the crop circle phenomenon since being hooked by their mystery in 1990.

She said: 'In all the hundreds I've captured, no two are identical. 'I look into the scientific aspects of these circles and research the effects of electromagnetic fields on our living systems.' The mystery of how crop circles are created has never been solved.

Cynics have claimed the patterns are the work of computer scientists using teams of volunteers.

via dailymail

See my crop circle article.

2 comments:

anne said...

i dreamed the formation of a crop circle about 5 months ago . In my dream (at least I assume I was dreaming because I havew been known to sleepwalk) I went out onto the back verandah and looked into the western sky and there it was being formed in the sky right before my very eyes . the image involved lots of figure eights and was a circle formation or therabouts .I have trouble recalling exactly and as I am a lousy drawer I didnt bother to put what I remembered onto paper. I live on the east coast of tasmania and have not yet seen this formation on websites etc.

Xeno said...

That's a fun dream. I'd like to see the circle you dreamed if you could draw it. I seldom recall mine lately, but I've had some that are unexplainable and others really amazing.

Once, I became aware that I was asleep, and then I watched a dream start. Full color and sound and my body appeared. It was an amazing thing.

Another time I woke up slowly and could feel both my dream body and my waking body in different positions.

Another time I had a dream my friend Mark was writing a song and I was listening to it. When I woke up, I could still recall it. I recorded it and played it with my band at the time.