Friday, October 9, 2009

Jason Mraz @ the greek

New Message, originally uploaded by xeno735.
Visiting SF today. Saw Jason Mraz at the Greek Theater last night. Great show!

If you were there too Friday, Oct 9, leave a comment.

This is the first time I saw Brett Dennen. Good stuff. I enjoyed his songs and Brett really won the crowd over with his unique dance moves.


I also met a subway singer named Jason Mabie who doesn't have a CD out yet, but he had an amazing voice.  When he gets a CD together I'll post a link here.


Know of a great new singer/songwriter? Leave a comment and let us know.


Mraz was amazing as usual. He always seems to be adjusting his songs, so I rarely hear exactly the same arrangement.


For me, having played three shows opening for Mraz right before he hit the big time, it is always such a great rush to look around and see how well he is doing.


The place looked to be almost sold out, so there were probably 8,000 people. There was also a surprise marriage proposal near the end of the show with everyone watching.  Very memorable.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

Brett Dennen put out this great free mp3 a couple years back called "The Holidays are here and we're still at war." It had become one of my most-played songs. If I find the link I'll post it.