Thursday, October 22, 2009

World's hairiest man to have plastic surgery to become TV star

Yu Zhenhuan goes to a Hangzhou beautician to have some laser treatment on his hairYu Zhenhuan, 32, from the northern Chinese province of Liaoning, has hair on 96 per cent of his body because of a hormone imbalance.

From the age of seven he was cast in movies, such as Little Hairy Boy's Treasure Adventure, and he also had a brief singing career.

However, a recent attempt to win the lead role of The Monkey King in a television adaptation of Journey to the West, the Chinese classic, ended in acrimony when the director said he was not sufficiently attractive.

"I thought I was the best candidate, as I look like a monkey and my nickname is monkey man," he said afterwards. "I read through the book and found professional hair dressers to make me into a real monkey man. But I failed the audition because I am not good looking enough."

"I am going to have surgery to get rid of the hair and facial plastic surgery to make myself look more like a pretty monkey, and make the director regret his decision," he added.

A plastic surgeon, interviewed by the China Youth Times, said Mr Yu needed extensive work on his eyes, nose and lips. "The Monkey King has big and bright eyes. Yu has small, single-lidded eyes. He needs to have them widened. The tip of his nose is too big and the bridge is not high enough."

Mr Yu said after the surgery is completed, he will win over his audience with his "friendly features".

Previously, Mr Yu has had treatment to remove some of his hair, in order to cool himself down in summer and clear his eyes. He said his girlfriend had no issues with his hirsute appearance. "We are doing great. She doesn't mind the hair at all," he told the Youth Times.

via World's hairiest man will have plastic surgery to become TV star - Telegraph.

No comments: