Sunday, November 8, 2009

Famous Paintings Reproduced In Coffee

I visited the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art this weekend.  For $20, the photography of Richard Avedon was interesting, and when I included getting to see a real Picasso and a real Salvador Dali painting up so close that I could see the brush strokes, definitely worth it.  Avedon photographed more famous people than you probably would have guessed.  I enjoyed seeing photos of the Beatles I had not seen before. And god, what the heck happened to Andy Warhol? Oh, wow. Now I know.

So, I'm in an "Art Mood" this weekend and found this interesting:


Karen Eland, a former coffee maker has recreated famous paintings using only coffee as ink. According to Gizmodo, she "one day decided to dip a paint brush into her coffee cup instead of nibbling on biscotti. By gradually building layers of espresso she's able to create a range of tones and what must be the tastiest smelling paintings ever."

Here are my favorites. More on Gizmodo.

http://cache.gizmodo.com/assets/images/4/2009/11/coffe-art13.jpg







No comments: