Monday, April 19, 2010

Pheasant attacks man

Pheasant attacks man: A pheaseant attacking John Tucker at his homeJohn Tucker, 72, has started wearing gloves and carrying a walking stick to protect himself from the bird, which lives in a neighbouring field.

Using its beak, claws and wings the pheasant chases Mr Tucker around his garden as he tries to escape.

But the angry animal has even learned to spot when the front door is open – and runs into the house.

''When I get out of the car he pursues me into the house and even comes inside and trails me around the house. I can't cut the grass without him following me around.

''If I want to spend time in the garden I've learned to let him chase me into the shed. I turn round quickly and shut him in for a while. Otherwise he comes at me non stop.

''I was a professional ornithologist all my career so I know a thing or two about birds. But I've never been stalked by one before.''

The bird has been in the area a while but Mr Tucker says he turned aggressive around two weeks ago and started to chase him and wife Carol, 64.

He said: ''It's got to the point where I have to climb out of the back window as he's waiting at the front door.

''My wife can't sit in the garden without him pestering her. It was quite funny to start with, but now its extremely irritating."

via Pheasant attacks man - Telegraph.

No comments: