Read about the real Battle of Los Angeles which remains to this day unexplained. Be sure to understand the context: This was just weeks after the attack at Pearl Harbor and 5 years before Roswell.
Aug 27, 1939: He 178: First turbo jet aircraft engine and jet plane by German design.
Dec 7, 1941: Pearl Harbor: The Japanese Navy strikes the United States naval base, killing 2,459 people.
Feb 24/25, 1942: Battle of LA, at least 6 people died on the ground due to falling shells which did not damage the UFO.
Apr 30, 1945: Berlin overrun by Soviet forces, Hitler committed suicide in his underground bunker.
May 2, 1945: German General Helmuth Weidling unconditionally surrendered Berlin to the Soviet General Vasily Chuikov.
Aug 6, 1945, at 8:15 AM: America's 509th bomb group bombs Hiroshima using a B-29 bomber, instantly killing an estimated 80,000 people.
Jul 5, 1945: UFO crash at Roswell, NM, the new home of America's atom bomb and the 509th bomb group.
Dec 31, 1946: Operation High Jump: US military Antarctic expedition includes flagship USS Mount Olympus, the aircraft carrier USS Philippine Sea, thirteen US Navy support ships, six helicopters, six flying boats, two seaplane tenders and fifteen other aircraft.
A huge ship of some kind, assumed to be an enemy aircraft, was fired upon by dozens of Army anti-aircraft batteries which used nearly of 1,400 rounds of 12 pound high explosive shells... but the slow moving craft suffered no damage. This took place over Cluver City and Santa Monica in view of hundreds of thousands of residents.
During the night of 24/25 February 1942, unidentified objects caused a succession of alerts in southern California. On the 24th, a warning issued by naval intelligence indicated that an attack could be expected within the next ten hours.
That evening a large number of flares and blinking lights were reported from the vicinity of defense plants. An alert called at 1918 [7:18 p.m., Pacific time] was lifted at 2223, and the tension temporarily relaxed.
But early in the morning of the 25th renewed activity began. Radars picked up an unidentified target 120 miles west of Los Angeles. Antiaircraft batteries were alerted at 0215 and were put on Green Alert—ready to fire—a few minutes later.
The AAF kept its pursuit planes on the ground, preferring to await indications of the scale and direction of any attack before committing its limited fighter force.
Radars tracked the approaching target to within a few miles of the coast, and at 0221 the regional controller ordered a blackout.
Thereafter the information center was flooded with reports of "enemy planes, " even though the mysterious object tracked in from sea seems to have vanished. At 0243, planes were reported near Long Beach, and a few minutes later a coast artillery colonel spotted "about 25 planes at 12,000 feet" over Los Angeles. At 0306 a balloon carrying a red flare was seen over Santa Monica and four batteries of anti-aircraft artillery opened fire, whereupon "the air over Los Angeles erupted like a volcano."
From this point on reports were hopelessly at variance. ... - – The Army Air Forces in World War II, prepared under the editorship of Wesley Frank Craven, James Lea Cate. v.1, pp. 277-286, Washington, D.C. : Office of Air Force History : For sale by the Supt. of Docs., U.S. G.P.O., 1983 - wiki
- Caught by the searchlights and captured in photographs, was an object big enough to dwarf an apartment house. Experienced lighter-than-air (dirigible) specialists doubted it could be a Japanese blimp because the Japanese had no known source of helium, and hydrogen was much too dangerous to use under combat conditions. Whatever it was, it was a sitting duck for the guns of the 37th. Photographs showed shells bursting all around it. A Los Angeles Herald Express staffer said he was sure many shells hit it directly. He was amazed it had not been shot down. The object that triggered the air raid alarm had drawn 1430 rounds of ammunition from the coast artillery, to no effect. When it moved at all, the object had proceeded at a leisurely pace over the coastal cities between Santa Monica and Long Beach, taking about 30 minutes of actual flight time to move 20 miles; then it disappeared from view. - By Paul T. Collins, Fate Magazine July, 1987
- The ONLY description in the LA Times of the UFO, and a sense of the energy and emotion of that night, was found in this small sidebar article written by Times staff writer the day after the event:
- Chilly Throng Watches
- Shells Bursting In Sky
- By Marvin Miles
- Explosions stabbing the darkness like tiny bursting stars... Searchlight beams poking long crisscross fingers across the night sky...Yells of wardens and the whistles of police and deputy sheriffs...The brief on-and-off flick of lights, telephone calls, snatches of conversation: 'Get the dirty...' That was Los Angeles under the rumble of gunfire yesterday.
- RESIDENTS AWAKENED
- Sleepy householders awoke to the dull thud of explosions... "Thunder? Can't be!" Then: "Air Raid! Come here quick! Look over there...those searchlights. They've got something...they are blasting in with anti-aircraft!" Father, mother, children all gathered on the front porch, congregated in small clusters in the blacked out streets -- against orders. Babies cried, dogs barked, doors slammed. But the object in the sky slowly moved on, caught in the center of the lights like the hub of a bicycle wheel surrounded by gleaming spokes.
- SPECULATION RIFE
- Speculation fell like rain. "It's a whole squadron." "No, it's a blimp. It must be because it's moving so slowly." "I hear planes." "No you don't. That's a truck up the street." "Where are the planes then?" "Dunno. They must be up there though." "Wonder why they picked such a clear night for a raid?" "They're probably from a carrier." "Naw, I'll bet they are from a secret air base down south somewhere." Still the firing continued. Like lethal firecrackers, the anti-aircraft rounds blasted above, below, seemingly right on the target fixed in the tenacious beams. Other shots fell short, exploding halfway up the long climb. Tracers sparked upward like roman candles. Metal fell. It fell in chunks, large and small; not enemy metal, but the whistling fragments of bursting ack-ack shells. The menacing thud and clank on streets and roof tops drove many spectators to shelter. ....
- WATCHERS SHIVER
- The fire seemed to burst in rings all around the target. But the eager watchers, shivering in the early morning cold, weren't rewarded by the sight of a falling plane. Nor were there any bombs dropped. "Maybe it's just a test," someone remarked. "Test, hell!" was the answer. "You don't throw that much metal in the air unless you're fixing on knocking something down." Still the firing continued, muttering angrily off toward the west like a distant thunderstorm. The targeted object inched along high, flanked by the cherry red explosions. And the householders shivered in their robes, their faces set, watching the awesome scene.
Well, here it is. Same shape, 20 to 22 years later (from old UFO photos). I'm told these are just models and hoaxes, that the Nazi's never created any such craft.
June 16, 1963 - Albuquerque, New Mexico, US
Heavily Armed Flight Gyro
Diameter: 26.3m/ 32.0 m Do-Stra
Drive: Thule Tachyonator (Thule Triebwerk) 7c
Control: Mag Field Impulser 4a
Speed: 6,000 km/h (theoretically up to 21,000 km/h)
Armament: 6 x 80 mm KSK in 3 rotating turrets
1 x 110 mm KSK in 1 rotating turret
Armor: Triple Victalen
Crew: 9 (with room for up to 20 people)
Quiet flight: 19 minutes
All weather, day and night, capable
Employment fitness: 100%
First flight: 1942
Available for service: 1944
The existence of such a device is disputed by both physicists and historians and is widely regarded as a myth and a symptom of the Nazi escapism in post-WWII Germany and Austria.  According to this Nazi mythology, the SS E-IV (Entwicklungsstelle 4) which was a development unit of the SS occult “Order of the Black Sun” was tasked with researching alternative energies to make the Third Reich independent of scarce fuel oil for war production. Their work included developing alternative energies and fuels.
This group supposedly developed by 1939 a revolutionary electro-magnetic-gravitic engine which improved Hans Coler’s free energy machine into an energy Konverter coupled to a Van De Graaf band generator and Marconivortex dynamo (a spherical tank of mercury) to create powerful rotating electromagnetic fields that affected gravity and reduced mass. It was designated the Thule Triebwerk (Thrustwork, a.ka. Tachyonator-7 drive) and was to be installed into a Thule designed disc.
Since 1935 the Thule Gesellschaft (Society) had been scouting for a remote, inconspicuous, underdeveloped testing ground for such a craft. Thule found a location in Northwest Germany that was known as (or possibly designated as) Hauneburg. At the establishment of this testing ground and facilities the SS E-IV unit simply referred to the new Thule disc as a war product- the “H-Gerät” (Hauneburg Device).
For wartime security reasons the name was shortened to Haunebu in 1939 and was briefly designated RFZ-5 along with Vril‘s machines once the Hauneburg site was abandoned in favor of the more suitable VrilAradoBrandenburg aircraft testing grounds. The early Haunebu I craft of which two prototypes were constructed were 25 meters in diameter, had a crew of eight and could achieve the incredible initial velocity of 4,800 km/h, but at low altitude. Further enhancement enabled the machine to reach 17,000 km/h. Flight endurance was 18 hours. To resist the incredible temperatures of these velocities a special armor called Victalen was pioneered by SS metallurgists specifically for both the Haunebu and Vril series of disc craft. The Haunebu I had a double hull of Victalen. This name, Victalen, was first used by Obersturmbandführer of the SS Kapitän Blaubär by combining the english word for "Sieg Heil", "Victory Hail" and the German word for "for everybody", "allen". Some sources however claim that he was inspired by the prostitute Alexandrina Victoria from the city of Talinn.
... It is believed that all of the mysterious Haunebu craft were evacuated to a sanctuary outside of Third Reich borders; to Neu Schwabenland, Antarctica - Base 211, constructed during the war. - wiki
Someone posted the entrances to Base 211 on google earth.
How strong would the imaginary Victalen metal have to be with withstand those anti-aircraft shells? If a modern armored helicopter went back in time to 1942, could it withstand 15 minutes of shelling by the batteries of that time? Answer, yes, no problem.
All of the A-10's glass is bulletproof and the cockpit itself is surrounded by a heavy tub of titanium. Titanium armor protects both the pilot and critical areas of the flight control system. This titanium "bathtub" can survive direct hits from armor-piercing and high explosive projectiles up to 37mm in size. The front windscreen can withstand up to a 23mm projectile. Fire retardant foam protects the fuel cells which are also self sealing in the event of puncture. - globalsecurity
WWII: Anti-aircraft gun (image left). Caliber: 20 mm (.78 in) - wiki
Method for Manufacturing Titanium and Alloys Thereof Titanium, Patent 2,205,854. In 1932, Luxembourg (Germany) native William Kroll invented a process to produce metallic titanium. He combined titanium tetrachloride with calcium to produce ductile titanium. By 1938, Kroll had produced 50 pounds of titanium using his process, later named the "Kroll Process". - invent.org
Jet Engines: The first prototype 004A, which was constructed to run on Diesel fuel, was first tested in October 1940, though without an exhaust nozzle. It was benchtested at the end of January 1941 to a top thrust of 430 kgf (4,200 N; 950 lbf), and work continued to increase the output, the RLM contract having set a minimum of 600 kgf (5,900 N; 1,300 lbf) thrust. - wiki
Seems to me the Battle of LA craft could have survived if it was made of titanium and powered by jet engines (mass production of jet engines started in 1944). Here is a lightweight armor patent that mentions Nitinol the memory metal that returns to its original shape if bent. Conspiracy theories about Nazi technology are just irresponsible speculation. It is much more likely that aliens are coming to eat you.