Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Doctor Accused Of Threatening Man With Tire Iron In Gas Pump Line - Money News Story - KNBC | Los Angeles

[vodpod id=ExternalVideo.596241&w=425&h=350&fv=clipID%3D261711%26targetDivID%3Dvideoplayer_16564226]

A La Palma doctor was arrested Monday evening after allegedly threatening another motorist with a tire iron after the man cut in line at a Costco gas station.

Nobody was injured in the incident, KNBC’s Laurel Erickson reported.

Reyes told Erickson the incident happened while waiting in line for gas at the Costco located at 5401 Katella Ave., at about 5:40 p.m. Monday.The woman in line ahead of Reyes asked him to move his car back, so she could remove her vehicle from the line.Reyes said he did, and that’s when another vehicle pulled in front of him, taking his spot.

“The guy in the other line, moved and cut me off,” Reyes said.Reyes said he got out of his vehicle and told the male driver he needed to return his vehicle to his former line and that cutting in front of him was “impolite.”"His door opened. He grabbed my shirt and he said the F word. He showed me the finger in my face, and he told me, ‘You back off, or I’ll kill you,’” Reyes said.”So I went back to my car and grabbed my tire iron. I told him, ‘Sir, you have to go back to your line,’” Reyes said.Reyes said that the man then closed his car windows and called the police.”He said, ‘I’m going to call the police.’ And I told him, ‘Ya, go call the police, but you have to go back to your line,’” Reyes said.

Reyes added, “I have to protect myself, so I had to get something to protect myself — so that’s what happened.”Reyes said being arrested in front of so many people was embarrassing.”I feel so bad. Given another chance, I’m not going to do that,” Reyes said.Reyes apologized for the incident. - knbc

This is only the beginning. Things are going to get a lot worse.

No comments: