Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The end game is on.

I believe most people follow the strongest leaders, not the best ideas. As a group, we cling to old ways. This is why, even though it does not have to be so, that I don't expect the economy to recover for 8 to 10 years. With major changes we could have a great world with clean energy, but we aren't willing to change. We aren't flexible enough in spirit.

We will switch to coal, and people will get sick. China, Russia and the EU will want the oil in Canada and Venezuela, so will we. I expect war over the remaining oil. Because oil means food and water.

Click this image for an interesting web site:



  • There's a very good chance claimed OPEC reserves are exaggerated.

  • World production stopped increasing in late 2004.

  • Decline rates of existing production are very high

  • Hubbert Linearization points to peak oil

  • At least one major oil company is warning us

  • The price of oil keeps going up.

  • There is no evidence of Saudi spare capacity

  • There are geopolitical and climatic risks to the existing production level


- the oil drum

I might move. I saw Blue State last night about a blogger who moves to Canada.

1 comment:

Xeno said...

Thanks Sepp, I still haven't had the chance to research your information. I'd like it if you were correct!