Sunday, September 28, 2008

Illinois UFO's - Police witnesses to flying black triangle with cloaking device








Back on January 5, 2000 police officers and citizens of St. Clair County in Southern Illinois claim to have spotted a large, triangular unidentified flying object. Folks from Highland to Millstadt claim to have seen the object, and all described it as a big thick hovering triangle. However other than one blurry Polaroid snapshot, there were no photographs or videos to back up the eye witness claims.

Scott Air Force Base is directly below the UFO's alleged flight path, which made "military exercise" the most likely answer to these reported sightings. Alas, the airfield was closed that night, as was the control tower, and the military has denied any aerial exercises took place on the evening in question. - jaunted

Notice that in the video the officer says the 2000 silent triangular black UFO was trying to project the star field from above it underneath it as a way to camouflage itself. This is exactly what one of the 1997 Phoenix lights eye-witnesses I heard on Art Bell said about that massive soundless black triangle. This is not an isolated rare thing. Here is a map of triangle UFO sightings:



Map shows locations of Flying Triangle sightings and proximity to cities and Interstate Highways based on merged databases. Image Courtesy: NIDS

... During the ensuing years (2000-2004), NIDS received hundreds of reports from people in the United States and Canada reporting large triangular aircraft, often silent and often flying at very low altitude and at low air speed. In many cases, the objects were brightly lit. NIDS files also include reports of Flying Triangles from remote areas.

In mid 2004, NIDS reviewed its database that contains the locations of the Triangle sightings in the United States. The sightings of Triangles appear primarily adjacent to population centers and along Interstate Highways, with sightings clustered on both coasts.

NIDS has amassed almost 400 separate sightings of triangular/boomerang/wedge-shaped objects. Many of these craft are brightly lit, low flying, and traveling at unexpectedly low air speeds.

In earlier reports, NIDS outlined a tentative correlation between reported sightings of Triangles and the locations of Air Mobility Command and Air Force Materiel Command bases in the United States.

Like a Star Trek "uncloaking"

According to ground observers, the features of a Black Triangle are indeed impressive.

For example, the NIDS study includes the observation of a Port Washington Wisconsin person who encountered a large object that flew over her home at 500 feet altitude in October 1998. Her eyeing of the clear starry night was interrupted as the craft came into her field of view.

"Suddenly this monstrosity came out of the 'blue', just like a Star Trek 'uncloaking', no kidding...so quiet I couldn't believe it and so huge...no more than 500 feet or so up, and big enough to take up my field of sky vision," she reported.

Crude mathematics, the witness recounted, would make the vessel about 200 feet wide and 250 feet long. - space.com

14 comments:

Atrueoriginall said...

This is one sighting I never get tired of seeing. It's somewhat the 'no brainer' of UFO sightings and I never knew that Space.com did an article on triangular UFOs. That was interesting.

John said...

I saw one of these, It was daylight out, i was walking to the park in Henderson, NV And i thought i saw a black triangle not two high above me head, It made no noise and was pretty cool. I looked up again to see if i was sure i was seeing this thing and it was gone...? Anyway, i just think maybe it's a new aircraft, after all, Nellis AFB is down the road.

Mary said...

Has the idea been considered that at least some of these sightings could possibly be attributed to holographic activity? Especially those sightings that are silent (making no discernable noise), and near military installations. Just a thought.

An Alien Mind: One step closer to a cloaking device said...

[...] various unidentified ships (and landed occupants) already use cloaking technology. http://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2008/09/29/illinois-ufos-police-witnesses/Just knowing that it's possible is half the battle, for human [...]

Kelly said...

My sister and I saw a flying triangle, it started as two bright lights in the sky. We were at a neighbors house jumping on his trampoline. They noticed the two bright lights. As my sister and I were walking home my sister looked back at the lights and noticed
the Black Triangle. I was oblvious to the whole thing, my father was a pilot for the military so we saw a lot of strange things in the sky. I assumed they where lights on some tower being accustomed to that sort of thing living on military bases. The wind seemed to pick up and the field lit up so bright. This was either in 1975 or 1976 in Glennville GA. The light was the clarity of the halogen lights on the cars today in 2000. My sister screamed out RUN KELLY! I made it home in hysterics screaming its got my sister.
My mom was horrified and scared to go out and see. She thought something horrible happened. My sister walked in soon after and told my dad about it. When my dad went out to investigate it was gone. It made absolutely no noise, it was the creepiest thing. And 35 years later I still remember it. I put it out of my mind as a plane gliding in for a landing, but that thing did not glide in. It hovered and followed us and didn't make a sound. It split the night sky with absolute precision, no wavering, or bouncing (like a balloon) and no sonic boom. I thought when I saw the stealth bomber it would put to rest the questions that hang in my mind.
This thing was bigger than the Stealth and silent. I don't know what it was we saw that night, I will never forget it. My mom remember's that night too because of how scared I was and my reaction. If this is some hot rocket jock flying this thing, I think its
cruel to frighten children.

Kelly said...

We lived 20 miles west of Savannah Georgia, USA.

Xeno said...

Kelly, Really great story, thanks for posting it! How big would you say it was?

Bonnie West said...

I was driving a back road home from visiting a friend from Norfolk, NY to Canton, NY about 11:30 p.m. 1/31/07. I didn't have the radio on and was just tooling along thinking about stuff--had two cars behind me, but further back, when I saw something big and huge coming in from my right about as high as the trees. I did a knee jerk reaction and swung my car halfway into the oncoming lane! Thank God no one was driving in it. I looked to my left to see what it was--because I thought a plane or helicopter was about to crash--and instead it was a huge, triangle shaped thing about the size of a football field...traveling just above the trees and slowly, soundless. It had an enormous round light on each side of the back end. They were opaque and may have been engines emitting light, who knows. I would have pulled over on the spot, but the two cars behind me were close and the back road didn't have a shoulder to pull over on. I wish I'd run an ad asking if anyone had seen that craft that night, especially the people in the two cars behind me. I'll never forget it.

Xeno said...

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting! Perhaps someone else will find your post and share a similar experience.

valerie benson said...

Auguat 24, 2004 my sister and my mother were driving to Oak Brook mall Illinois and they witnessed a gigantic triangle craft rising above the I88 Illinois tollway by naperville, Illinois 2-4 pm afternoon . This was over the bridge over the tollway near Warrenville illinois and fermi national accelerator lab a mile away. It was presumed that the UFO had been hidden or parked by this high energy physics lab. It was during a thunderstorm and my sister nearly drove off the road. Her thought was it was an invasion like the series V and she is a conservative non believer and my mother who is a senior thought it a secret gov. craft??????

valerie benson said...

recently on a UNITED flight #611 out of DCA reagan air port washington d.c. I was in seat A 3 and we were descending over Ohare ORD. It was march 10 , 2010 and i happened to view out the window a huge object like an over sized top heavy pie or acorn shaped with a rotating band of yellowish white oval lights . We were just descending into white cumulous clouds it was 12:30 pm . the object except for the rotating band of lights was gray. It was the rotation of the lights that struck me as convincing. I reported this made an official report with MUFON> There are two other witnesses. This was about the same time that an object was video taped over Lake Erie 5 videos and it made the news.

C.H. said...

24 yrs ago this OCT a friend and I was sitting by a campfire in Southern IL. As we were talking we heard the leaves start to shake on the trees, then silence. We were talking to eachother but couldnt hear anything except a loud base vibration. It was a very intense feeling in my chest cavity. We looked up at the trees again and there it was. A huge flat black triangle, the only way you could tell its shape is the fact it blocked out the sky all around us. Tree top level and maybe going 2mph, I thought it should have just dropped from the sky.
We never seen any lights on it, but the vibration was crazy.
It was taveling east to west on route 15 in southern, IL about 60 miles from Scott AFB.
I never told my parents, figured they would think I was on drugs.
I eventually told them 7yrs later when they told me they had seen something similar driving down that hwy coming home from town. It was amazing that we all had seen the UFO but years apart.

Xeno said...

Awesome sighting. Too bad you didn't happen to have a tape recorder or video camera at the time. Seems so much more likely these days that someone will capture a triangle on an iPhone or video recorder of even better quality. Multiple people at once capturing one on different cameras would be even more convincing, especially if the people didn't know each other.

DL said...

I just saw the same triangle UFO today (10/16/2010.) I live about 10 minutes south of Shiloh, IL (where the referenced police sighting took place). Me, my wife, and our 3 young children were out in the backyard sitting by the fire pit enjoying the wonderful evening. The object came into view in the low horizon due east of where we were sitting. It looked like 3 large symmetrical triangles which contained white lights which would mimic the stars in the background. The 3 triangles moved in unison and gave an appearance that this was one singular, connected object. It looked like a starfield was being projected on the bottom of a huge object that was flying at a high rate of speed from east to west. I thought it was a series of shooting stars at first but when it came almost directly overhead it was obvious that this was an object which had the appearance of a starfield in the background, like you would imagine a cloaking device from a sci-fi film. In fairness, it would come into the sky in this direction if it came from Scott Air Force Base. However, this object did not look like anything I have ever seen. It was in view for maybe a minute, at approximately 7:46 PM CDT. I was so freaked out by it I didn't even think to grab my phone and photograph it until it was out of sight. I have never seen a UFO before and although I am open minded, I was skeptical up until now. No kidding, I came inside and googled ufo, stars, triangle and this link was near the top....so it seems that I am not alone in seeing this sort of phenomenon. This thing was huge!!!