Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Xenophilia Plays Arco Arena, TONIGHT 5:30 PM Tuesday, 9/9/2008.

Ten years ago, I met Amy Anne at an open mic night at the Fox and Goose. I played funny a Dan Bern song "I am the Messiah." We hit it off after some chatting she auditioned in the parking lot, singing a Fiona Apple song for me. I loved her voice and I asked her to join my band.

We became friends and we found out we had a lot in common. Within a month we started playing open mic nights around town. Then we started hosting our own open mic night at the Capitol Garage and Coffee shop. We made a lot of new friends and has some great times.

At one point, I don't remember exactly when, but it was about 10 years ago, Amy Anne said, "We are going to play the Arco Arena". She was serious. I said, "I don't know if I want to play the Arco Arena. Too stressful." I was serious. Amy and I were talking about this last night after rehearsal and she remembers it too.

Flash forward 10 years. Tonight, we play the Arco Arena .... for an hour ... outside ... 5:30 PM ... before a basketball game ( Monarchs vs Seattle Storm ).   Hope to see some of our old friends there!

We are playing on the grass so you may want to bring a blanket or a lawn chair.

2 comments:

Patrick said...

Good luck!

Xeno said...

It went well. The game was close and great fun! Seattle was ahead at times, but Sacramento won.