Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Silent Craft Overhead

A friend of my family once told me that he had spotted dark aircraft at night flying down along the Salinas Valley.  This was a couple of decades ago.  He associated his sitings with military aircraft flying to and from various military bases in California.  One story he told me struck me as most memorable.  One night, a silent aircraft hovered a couple hundred feet from the ground over his neighborhood.  He saw the aircraft beaming down a search light pointed as various places as it quietly moved overhead his location.  It couldn’t have been a helicopter because he would’ve heard and even felt it at that distance.  He associated this experience with secret U.S. military aircraft.  I don’t know what he saw, but given my limited knowledge about aircraft, I don’t know of any now or then that could hover nearly in place without making some sort of loud noise.  He took this experience as evidence that UFO sightings where spotted secret military planes. - zeta

1 comment:

Steve said...

I don't know who posted this account but I had a very similar experience in San Jose in about 1973. I was up very early and reading and I heard what sounded like quiet jet engines so I went out on the deck and saw a large, slow moving object with lights hovering about 100-200 feet. I don't know what it was but it was big... and moving very slow. I don't know what it could have been. I watched for as long as possible until it disappeared in the distance. Weird eh?