Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Firefox addressbar search hijacked by Microsoft Bing

Previously, whenever I type something in Firefox addressbar and press enter, the search engine used is Google. Nowadays whenever I type something in the Firefox addressbar and pressed enter, the search engine used have changed to Microsoft’s Bing! I never recalled changing it so I did a search and found the following solution….

1. Type about:config in Firefox’s address bar.

2. In the Filter box, type keyword.

3. You should find a few keyword entries. Make sure that keyword.enabled is set to true.

4. Look for keyword.url and right click on it to modify. Copy this string value http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q= and enter it in the box.

Restart Firefox.

Source: Mozilla Support

via Firefox addressbar search hijacked by Microsoft Bing « Troubleshooting PC Problems.

2 comments:

Dafar Shaban said...

I guess it is because of a recent Windows update I allowed on my computer. Fucking Microshit!

amanandhisguidedog said...

thank you for posting this fix it was beginning to annoy me alot.