Monday, June 28, 2010

Marilyn Monroe chest X-rays fetch $45,000

Marilyn MonroeA set of three X-rays of Marilyn Monroe's chest taken during a 1954 hospital visit have sold for $45,000 (£29,900) in Las Vegas.

The X-rays, sold at a movie memorabilia auction at Planet Hollywood, had a $3,000 (£2,000) pre-sale estimate.

A chair from Monroe's final photo shoot sold for $35,000 (£23,250).

Earrings worn by Kate Winslet in Titanic sold for $25,000 (£16,600). A dress worn by Audrey Hepburn in musical Funny Face fetched $56,250 (£37,360).

Other Monroe items up for sale included a prompt book from unfinished film Something's Got to Give and a bottle of Chanel perfume she owned.

A crystal-studded glove which belonged to Michael Jackson fetched $190,000 (£126,000) at an earlier music sale at Julien's Auctions at Planet Hollywood.

via BBC News - Marilyn Monroe chest X-rays fetch $45,000.

"I want a doctor to take your picture, So I can look at you from inside as well. You've got me turning up and turning down, And turning in and turning 'round, I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so."

2 comments:

Stuart said...

someone had money to burn and decided to but this crap!

V.E.G. said...

The cause of Marilyn Monroe's passing many years ago, will remain a mystery until the end of time. The cause of her death is anybody's guess.