Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Fab Four, Opening day of Ca State Fair

Wow, these guys are great. I saw the Fab Four in Vegas and feel lucky to see them again. Fun show. As a person seeking to acquire absolute pitch, at first I thought a few of them might have it, but now I think they are super, but under the actual beatles in terms of hitting notes in tune. I don't recall a single "off" note when hearing the real McCartney, but to my studio trained ear, there were a few misses during solo numbers (no less enjoyable, however!) The Fab Four's Ringo's pitch beats the actual ringo I'd guess...but I never saw him live.

Ps. The CA State Fair opens tonight and runs until August 1st at Cal Expo in. Sacramento.


2 comments:

Dom said...

I was at this show too. It was awesome, as it always is. They were here last year as well. I actually first saw them at the California state fair many years ago. I hope they keep playing there.

arjay001 said...

I saw them too, ages ago. Great show! I will see them again if I get the chance.

RJ