Friday, June 11, 2010

Review: Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage Movie + Trailer







Last night I saw a sneak preview at the Crest theatre in Sacramento of "Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage ".

As someone who spent hours in my bedroom as a kid learning songs by the band Rush such as YYZ, La Villa Strangiato, and 2112, all I kept thinking was, "It's about time."

This band cut their own path and inspired so many people. If you ever enjoyed a Rush song, so see this tribute movie. And no, I have not seen the movie "I love you man" where some guy meets a friend who is into Rush. I actually took a female friend and she enjoyed it.... but the audience was mostly guys. Probably 30 to 1 ratio in this audience, perhaps the same as Rush concerts.

You either get it or you don't:





1 comment:

Mirlen101 said...

Cool ! I saw them 3 times the first was in 1976 . It was a very small concert with only about 1000 people .only 2 police officers for the whole concert . One sat reading his newspaper the whole time . The other was no where to be seen ;-) You could walk right up to the stage at the bands feet . The stage was only about 2 feet off the floor ! There was no problems .Except for the fact you had to sit on a concrete floor that became sticky with alcohol that people snuck in ;-) Two other bands played "38 Special" and "Tommy Bolin" . Tommy died about two weeks later ;-/
I also saw Led Zeppelin on their last tour right before their drummer John Bonham died ! I know of no other deaths of rock stars right after I saw them . So it's probably just a coincidence :-|