A fire has gutted a building housing a furniture company and a popular American cafe in an icy Minneapolis.
Firefighters battled freezing temperatures, snow and ice to save Maxwell's cafe.
It was a popular spot with locals who say it does a "great lunch".
The fire appears to have been accidental. At minus 12 degrees the foam froze as soon as it was sprayed.
These pictures were taken by Tony Webster.
All the residents escaped unhurt but a cat was lost in the fire.
Parts of the building collapsed and Washington Avenue was closed for several hours. -sky