Monday, March 28, 2011

eBay bid lost due to password failures

I'm really annoyed tonight. I was outbid by $25 on a $1200 item that is $1600 new. (I'm looking for a used RME Fireface 800 in good shape for my home recording studio.)

I lost the bid because the eBay log in page failed to let me in. I'm certain my password was right because I could not have placed my first bid if it wasn't (right??), yet I was told my log in failed.

When I tried to reset my password, I was told I could not use a password I've already used. This confirms that I have the password correct! Your password is wrong...and your password is right. That's impossible eBay and you owe me the $350 I lost tonight.

I'm extra pissed because my iPhone encrypted backup did the same damn thing to me tonight. I'll post separately about that to keep it clean in the search engines.

Anyone else having this problem?

 

Does anyone out there want to sell me an RME Fireface 800 that is like new for $1200?

If so, email me: xeno735@yahoo.com

No comments: