Integrating the iPhone with car Bluetooth systems
The iPhone can... integrate easily with most cars' hands-free Bluetooth systems. We've identified some compatible systems, and instructions for a few.
Toyota (Prius and other models) The iPhone integrates well with this system. Instructions for pairing from iPhone Atlas reader George Wilde:
1. On the Prius navigation screen, press the "INFO" button
2. On the resulting "Information Menu" screen touch the "Telephone" button.
3. On the resulting "Telephone" screen touch the "Settings" button.
4. On the resulting "Settings" screen scroll down to the bottom and touch "Add Phone" under "Bluetooth".
5. You are then presented with a screen that indicates "Begin Bluetooth discovery/search from phone" with a 4 digit pairing passkey.
6. On your iPhone go to "Settings" Â and the "General" item under "Settings". Go down to "Bluetooth and turn it on. The iPhone then becomes discoverable for a period of time.
7. The iPhone should see the Hands Free system of the car and then display a 4 digit form (and keyboard) to enter the pairing passkey given by the car.
8. Enter the four digits and touch "connect".
9. The car will then say it is connected and display the phone name and ID.
10. The cellular signal strength is displayed on the navigation screen and the phone audio is fed through the car speakers.
via Integrating the iPhone with car Bluetooth systems | iPhone Atlas - CNET Reviews.