Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Commercial Airline Pilot Saw Phoenix Lights

It's been almost 14 years since Phoenix became the center of the UFO-sighters' universe, thanks to a phenomenon known as the Phoenix Lights.

"Greg" is a commercial airline pilot who asked not to be identified. On that night- March 13, 1997- he and his wife were driving home in the West Valley after a date night."All of a sudden, with some urgency, my wife said, 'What are those lights?'" Greg said.

They pulled over to get a closer look. Greg had spent years flying choppers in Vietnam and fighter jets at Luke Air Force Base, so he brushed off the odd sighting - at first.

"Then I noticed, 'Wow, no anti-collision lights, no navigation lights,'" said Greg. "I kind of just stood there, watching the lights go overhead. And then I realized, 'Wow, I don't really know what these are!'"

Greg and his wife are not alone. Thousands in Phoenix, Nevada, Tucson, even in northern Mexico have testified to the same close encounter: a V-shaped formation of five lights, moving silently, slowly, at a low altitude.

"I was asking myself, 'Well, what is this?' because I've spent years of my life looking into the sky," said Greg.

Explanations for the so-called Phoenix Lights are as numerous as the sightings themselves. The U.S. military admitted to dropping flares that night southwest of the city, but that doesn't explain the numerous sightings of an actual black craft with up to seven lights moving silently overhead.

"I've actually dropped flares from the air in Vietnam," said Greg. "What I saw wasn't flares."

Conspiracy theorists and extraterrestrialists jumped on the event, insisting this is proof that we earthlings are not alone. Then-Gov. Fife Symington would admit 10 years later that he saw them, too, calling the lights "otherworldly."

As a commercial airline pilot, Greg won't necessarily go there.

"I do wish that I could see them again," Greg said. "When I fly at night now, I kind of keep an eye out, because I'd really like to see that V of lights again someday."

"I don't have an explanation. I don't know what it was," Greg said.

via Commercial Airline Pilot Saw Phoenix Lights - Valley News Story - KPHO Phoenix.

No comments: