Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hello? ... it's Alan calling, Alan from Earth....

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=UK4ZrWwhIm4]
Yeah, Hello? Uh, if you're there pick up, okay listen it's Alan calling, Alan from Earth. You probably don't remember, it's over in the western spiral of the Milky Way although obviously you might have named it after a completely different brand of chocolate. Basically just find the Oort Cloud and ask for directions from there. Anyway just calling to catch up. We're doing alright with the carbon base lifeform thing. Kids are diversifying nicely, going through a bit of a fad for spines and brains at the minute but it's probably the same where you are. Well, that's about it really, we just hadn't heard from you in a while, like when we killed Michael Rennie or Klaatu, as you knew him in The Day The Earth Stood Still. So if you received this, get in touch, but actually thinking about it, don't bother calling after about, what, 2150, because I'm not expecting anyone to be in. Oh and I'm sending this song along it's called God Song by Robert Wyatt. I hope you like it. And that you don't communicate through perfume or minor variatrions in your sense of balance or something. Okay, you take care and I'll talk to you soon. Love you, Bye.

via The Daily Grail

Lyrics to the God Song. Great stuff!
God Song (Wyatt, Miller)

What on earth are you doing God? is this some sort of joke you're playing?
Is it 'cause we didn't pray?
Well I can't see the point of the words without the action
Are you just hot air breathing over us? and overall
is it fun watching us all?
Where's your son? we want him again
Next time you send your boy down here
Give him a wife and a sexy daughter - someone we can understand
Who's got some ideas we use really relate to
we've all read your rules - tried them. Learned them in school then tried them
They're impossible rules you've made us look fools
Well done God but now please
don't hunt me down for heaven's sake! You know that I'm only joking. Aren't I?
Pardon me - I'm very drunk but I know what I'm trying to say
And It's nearly night time and we're still alone waiting
For something unknown Still waiting
So throw down a stone or something
Give us a sign for Christ's sake

No comments: